The Quest Begins for Lord Stanley
April 10, 2011 Leave a comment
No more shootouts. Overtime goes on forever. Yup, the NHL officially starts the quest for the Chalice of Lord Stanley this Wednesday (4/13)
First, let’s look at the Eastern Conference:
(8) New York Rangers vs. (1) Washington: Fair warning, the top seed has not escaped to the finals the last few years. Rangers in six.
(7) Buffalo vs. (2) Flyers: Do the year “1975” ring a bell? Flyers in six.
(6) Montreal vs. (3) Boston: It really sucks to live in Canada, only two of the teams there made the playoffs. One will be gone soon. Bruins in five.
(5) Tampa Bay vs. (4) Pittsburgh: The big question is how will Cyndy Crosby be involved. My gut says not much. Lightning in seven.
Now, the Western Conference:
(8) Chicago vs. (1) Vancouver: Well, The defending Stanley Cup champs got in the service entry even after losing to Detroit on Sunday (4/10), but Vancouver is just too good. Canucks in six.
(7) Los Angeles vs. (2) San Jose: I’ll make Keith happy here. Sharks in seven.
(6) Phoenix vs. (3) Detroit: I have as much of a chance of dating the oft injured WWE Diva Melina as the ‘Yotes have of beating Detroit. Red Wings in six.
(5) Nashville vs. (4) Anaheim: It is a coin flip, and my coin said… The Team Formerly Known As The Mighty Ducks in seven.